Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Getting closer..

It's hard to believe that one week from Friday is my surgery..
My amazing friend Leigh created a Food Tidings website for our friends to sign up to bring meals, etc. after we get home from surgery.  The dates start on the 26th because that's the day my parents have to leave, and my total spoiling will end :(  I'm sure many of you saw the link on FB or received an email from Leigh, but if not and you're interested, here it is: http://www.foodtidings.com/SignUp.aspx?ScheduleGuid=0742b845-9378-444f-a6c9-e1aaebb2fe34   Anything at all would be greatly appreciated, even if it's just your favorite dessert, that is fine with me ;)  If you're not big on cooking, we plan to do a bit of carry out too so gift cards would also be much appreciated! 
I can't tell you how much of a relief it is that my parents will be here with Logan while Kevin and I are away at the hospital.  I will not worry about him for a second, which you fellow parents know is priceless at a time like this.  I don't know who is going to have more fun, my parents or Logan!  I just wish I could spend more time with them while they're here because it will probably be a while before we're able to get home again.  Hopefully my mother-in-law will also be able to visit later in January and spend some quality time with the boys.  I'll join in if I'm up to it! 
Our schedule for next week is getting pretty packed at this point.  Medically, here's how things look.  On Monday I have my pre-op appt.  I'll be spending quite a few hours in Durham I'm sure between my neurosurgeon's office, mostly for paperwork I believe, then just down the road to the hospital where I'll have my bloodwork and possibly a chest x-ray as a precaution for the anesthesia.  They're going to leave it up to the anesthesiologist as to whether or not the x-ray is necessary.  We of course would like to avoid it for the baby, but I do have asthma so once again it's a situation where we have to weigh the risks.  On Tuesday we'll see my OB.  She wanted to see me the week of surgery, I think just to hear the heartbeat and make sure all seems well before the big day.  Last but not least is surgery on Friday.  We're definitely going to be busy between now and then, but trust me, we plan to make the most of it.  I'm looking forward to date night on Saturday with Kevin, Logan's preschool church performance (singing 3 songs) on Sunday, and spending the rest of weekend finally decorating the house with the boys for Christmas!  Better late than never, maybe we'll leave it all up a little longer to make up for the late start :)
Thanks again to everyone for their love and concern, it's really been overwhelming, but in a good way...XO :)

No comments:

Post a Comment