Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Busy week!

My pre-op appointment went well on Monday, as far as I know.  We were able to avoid the chest x-ray and only had to do bloodwork and EKG, along with paperwork of course.  I arrived at my doctor's office at around 1015 and was heading home from the hospital a little before 2.  We then saw the OB on Tuesday for a final listen to the heartbeat before surgery.  Dr. Z let us know that she had talked to Dr. Bronec the week before about meds I would be able to take and she gave him her cell number so she could be reached at anytime while I'm in the hospital, she continues to amaze us with how much she truly cares. 
My poor Logan is under the weather so instead of snuggling him all week like I had hoped, I'm having to stay away so I don't get sick and jeopardize the surgery.  It's killing me :(  He goes to the pediatrician later today with Daddy to make sure he doesn't have an ear infection.  He's had a fever of 101-102 since yesterday afternoon but his only symptom is a cough.
We're spending the week trying to take care of everything for my parents arrival, Christmas, and the end of the year.  My parents should be here tomorrow evening and as of right now I'm the only one on Dr. Bronec's surgery schedule for Friday which means we should have a 730am start time.  It's going to be an early morning, but that gives us the best chance of being home on Christmas eve, as long as I 'kill it like a rockstar' as Joey, the PA, put it :)  We have a great anesthesiologist who came highly recommended and my friend Leigh's favorite nurse to the anesthesiologist, Greg.
Thanks so much to everyone who has signed up to bring food, sent food, and those who have gone out of your way to do so much for us during this time.  All prayers and caring thoughts are very much appreciated.  I'm guessing my next post will be post-op, hopefully I'll be up to it after not too long!  XO :)

No comments:

Post a Comment