Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Why I'm here :)

Wide awake at 12:15 am, mostly from the steroids but also from my mind racing, I started thinking about how I want to stay in touch with those who truly want to know and care about each step of this journey.  Some friends have asked for me to keep them updated every step of the way, but it is difficult and takes a lot of time sending and responding to each text and personal FB message.  I needed to find a way to tell everyone at once!  I also feel like I've been filling my FB wall with too much, that there are probably people who have chosen to 'hide' me from their wall when this all started, plus I just don't want to keep putting it out there like that, it was never my intention in the beginning.  Initially I wanted to keep this somewhat private and small, at least until surgery time, but it started spiralling out of control once I realized the need to search for resources and connections.  I have no regrets though because thanks to those initial posts, I have found the amazing neuro team we plan to stick with (I can never thank you enough for that Leigh!).
There's always been a little part of me who's wanted to 'blog', but I didn't want to do the typical Mommy blog unless it was something that took the place of filling my FB wall full of pictures of Logan, but I decided his is a face I think everyone should see :)  So I guess a small part of me is happy that I now have something to blog about...weird way to think about a neurological disorder I guess!  Anyway, now those of you who want the information know right where to find it and can get it at your convenience!
I will probably end up doing more posts throughout the night, as I don't feel sleep coming anytime soon.  I plan to start with my journey to Chiari, and fair warning, that will probably be a long one.  I promise I will do my best to keep my normally long-winded self under control in the future! 
Thanks to everyone for all of your love and support, and please don't let it stop, we're going to need it and appreciate every bit...XO

2 comments:

  1. What an incredible outlet for you. One day I'm sure Logan will appreciate the chronicle of events and learn from his mother's fortitude and strength. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leigh! As I mentioned in this post, it is thanks to you that we are where we are in this process. You did not have to reach out with the information you did, but we are eternally grateful.

      Delete