Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Frustrated..

I haven't updated in a while because there hasn't been much to say, not a whole lot has changed, besides finding out that we're expecting a baby girl!
Otherwise, everything is about the same.  I'm in a pretty good bit of pain still, in some ways worse than I was right after surgery.  I still can't feel parts of my skull and have a great deal of pain in my neck and back of my head.  For the last week or so I have also been having many of the throbbing Chiari headaches, lately about 20-30 a day, in addition to regular headaches.  Everytime I turn my head, look down, get up, sit down, roll over in bed, etc., I feel that throbbing pain come from the back of my head to my forehead and throb for a good 5-10 seconds.  Sometimes they come one after another and feel like it's never going to end. They are as strong and sometimes stronger than before, and definitely more frequent.  I sit here right now watching Kevin vacuum and I can't imagine being able to do that right now.  The pain would be unbearable.
I have another follow-up appointment at my neurosurgeon's office tomorrow so I'm definitely anxious to see what they have to say.  I have one month before I have to be back on full-time Mommy duty and we're definitely worried about whether or not I'm going to be ready. 
In the meantime, we cannot thank everyone enough for all of the amazing food we've been eating for the past few weeks.  We have truly been so spoiled, it's blown us away and we couldn't do this without you. 
I'll try to post another update soon after my appointment, in hopes that there's something positive to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment