Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pre-op scheduled..

Last Tuesday I met with Dr. Bronec, my neurosurgeon, in Durham for an update.  I thought I would see the PA, but nope!  He just wanted to meet with me one last time before pre-op, run all of the hands-on tests to see if anything had changed, discuss surgery, communication with my OB, and make all of our questions have been answered. 
My pre-op is scheduled for December 17th.  I'll be in Durham that day to sign paperwork at the office, then head to the hospital for blood work, etc., and possibly a chest x-ray as a precaution for the anesthesiologist.  We of course want to avoid x-rays with the pregnancy, but it may be a good idea since I do have slight asthma. 
I'm considering creating a caring bridge-type website at the request of a few local friends who want to provide food after surgery so I will keep you posted on that, once I have a chance to check it out! 
I'm really looking forward to having my parents and Ginger here in less than a month, but disappointed at the same time because I'm going to get to spend so little time with them. Ginger is my baby, I found her when I was in college at AU/LC being neglected by a breeder, it's hard to believe she's been with my parents for almost 10 years now.  I've always wanted to have her down here but didn't think it would ever happen.  She can't handle staying at even the best kennel, it's far too much stress for her at nearly 11 years old with her extreme attachment to my Mom, and the neighbor boy who usually watches her at the house will be away for Christmas, so she gets to come along :)  I can't wait to see how Tuff, Tini, and Logan react!  I'm really going to hate being at the hospital away from everyone here at home, but thankfully Kevin will be there with me the whole time...lucky him ;) 
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment